Jun 29, 2021
Job Announcement for Assistant Professor (College of Intercultural Communication) Application Close Date: September 10, 2021
The College of Intercultural Communication at Rikkyo University seeks applications for a non-tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Intercultural Communication or a related field.
Assistant Professor (Level B)—One position
Full-time. One-year contract renewable four times (up to five years total).
April 1st, 2022
4．Area of Specialization:
Intercultural Communication or a related field
(1) Teach both introductory and advanced-level courses related to Intercultural Communication in English.
(2) Teach Academic Skills, Cultural Exchange, Seminar in English, Communication Seminar 3A-R, and other courses based on departmental needs and teacher expertise. You can browse syllabi for these courses at Campusmate (https://sy.rikkyo.ac.jp/timetable/stop.do).
(3) Fulfill administrative responsibilities as prescribed by the Faculty Dean and/or Department Chair.
(1) Sufficient English ability to teach the above courses (all nationalities welcomed);
(2) Master’s degree or PhD in Intercultural Communication or a related field;
(3) Practical knowledge of Japanese; and
(4) Strong record of quality teaching at the university level in Japan and demonstrated potential for scholarly research.
7. Renumeration and Benefits:
Based on Rikkyo University rules.
8. Application Close Date:
September 10, 2021 (must be received on or before this calendar day)
9. Application Materials:
(1) Curriculum Vitae and Research Achievements
・Use the Rikkyo University CV format (no other formats will be accepted).
・Must include contact information (phone number and e-mail address) on the submitted CV.
・Fill out the published research section of the CV as indicated in the CV guidelines.
(2) 3 published articles/works of research.
(3) Provide the names of two references, including affiliations/titles, and contact. information (phone numbers and e-mail addresses) on a separate sheet of paper.
(1) Click below to download the CV guidelines and template.
Office of the College of Intercultural Communication, Rikkyo University, 3-34-1 Nishi Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 171-8501
Please write “Intercultural Communication Assistant Professor position application documents enclosed” on the envelope in red. Application materials will not be returned unless requested, and any such request is to be accompanied by an appropriate enclosed self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Applicants who pass the document screening will be contacted via e-mail by September 17. Final candidates will be invited for an interview during the first week of October.
(1) Interviews may be conducted in person or via video conference.
(2) Applicants who are currently overseas are welcome to apply. However, the selected candidate must reside in Japan by the start date of this position.
College Administration Office, Section 4 (College of Intercultural Communication), Rikkyo University
Nov 30, 2023