Aug 07, 2020
Notice of Faculty Opening: A non-tenure teaching position in the field of business strategy and management at the rank of either Specially Appointed Professor or Specially Appointed Associate Professor
The Graduate School and College of Business at Rikkyo University in Tokyo Japan is currently searching for qualified applicants for a non-tenure teaching position in the field of business strategy and management at the rank of either Specially Appointed Professor or Specially Appointed Associate Professor. Candidates with strong research and teaching records are encouraged to apply.
One position for either (a) Specially Appointed Professor (non-tenure) or (b) Specially Appointed Associate Professor (non-tenure).
2. Employment Status:
5-year contract (a one-year contract renewing for a maximum of 5 years) non-tenure, full-time position at Rikkyo University
3. Academic Institution (Unit):
Graduate School of Business, College of Business, Rikkyo University
Ikebukuro campus, Rikkyo University (Tokyo)
5. Appointment Date:
Starting April 1, 2021.
6. Teaching responsibilities:
To teach graduate master’s degree program level courses in Strategic Management including an Advanced Seminar in Strategic Management and other related courses and supervise final year students in their graduate projects. All course work and graduate research is conducted in English.
1) Hold a PhD in business strategy or in a closely related field.
2) Be able to develop and teach graduate level courses and offer supervision to graduate level students using English as the language of instruction.
3) Have experience in the development and implementation of (a) online based or augmented courses and (b) interactive, small group face to face courses.
4) Be able to serve on committees and otherwise contribute to the administration of the graduate school, college and university. Administrative work will require competence in the Japanese language.
8. Compensation and Benefits
Salary and compensation commensurate with qualifications and level of experience in accordance with university policies regulating employment and compensation.
9. Application deadline
Application Deadline: September 25, 2020
10. Required documents for application
Applicants are required to submit pdf versions of the following documents compressed into a single zip file by email entitled “GBS Strategy Position Application” to email@example.com.
1) Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications
※Please download and use the Rikkyo University curriculum vitae form attached below. Also refer to the written instructions attached below about how to complete the resume.
2) Verification (certification) of graduate degrees
3) Evidence of teaching effectiveness
4) Two references clearly indicating name, affiliation, position, and current contact information of referees.
5) Copies of three recent publications relevant to the field of business strategy
All successful applicants will be notified of the result of initial application screening by email by late September. Successful candidates will be invited to an interview, a mock class session and/or a research presentation, which may take place during late October 2020.
Please direct any inquiries regarding this position to the following email address:
State that the inquiry is regarding the “GBS Strategy Position Application” in either the email subject line or clearly within the email itself.
Note: All personal information received through this application process will not be used for any other purpose other than that of screening candidates for employment. All personal information provided in the course of this application process will be handled in accordance with the regulations for protecting private and personal information as set out under the regulations of Rikkyo University and all relevant legal and regulatory requirements as applicable under Japanese law.
Oct 01, 2020