Jul 24, 2019
Rikkyo University to establish Japan’s first graduate school specialized in AI in April 2020
Rikkyo University will become Japan’s first educational institution to establish a graduate school specialized in artificial intelligence (AI) in April 2020. The school, called the “Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence and Science,” will initially offer courses for a master’s degree.
Looking ahead, Rikkyo University will aim to give all its undergraduate students an opportunity to learn about AI and establish a doctorate degree course to nurture AI researchers.
- Full-fledged education about machine learning and deep learning.
- Innovative research and human resource development by using AI in social sciences.
- Extensive programs to use findings of research conducted by the university for practical purposes in society in collaboration with companies.
- Make it easier for working people to enroll by holding classes both in the daytime and at night.
Information about the new graduate school
- Month of establishment: April 2020
- Number of students: 63
- Campus: Ikebukuro
- Degree: Master’s degree in artificial intelligence sciences
- Professors: 9
- Class schedule: Most classes held from 6:55 p.m. on weekdays and during daytime on Saturday
- Enrollment process: To be announced late April 2019 or later
*Classes are offered in Japanese. *Rikkyo University plans to submit documents needed to establish the graduate school to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in late April 2019. Information provided above is subject to change.
AI and ethics
Students who complete the course will become:
Classes scheduled to be offered
Japan’s inadequate AI and data science education prompted graduate school’s establishment
Oct 08, 2021