Sep 21, 2022
Assistant Professor in Citizenship GLAP(Global Liberal Arts Program) (Deadline for applications: October 31, 2022)
Assistant Professor in Citizenship GLAP(Global Liberal Arts Program)
2. Starting date: April 1, 2023
3. Field of Research: Citizenship (Sociology, Political Sociology or other related fields)
4. Content of job information:
1) Teaching Courses at GLAP (Tutorials, Citizenship, and Social Research Methodology) as well as related Courses at the Department of Sociology.
2) Mentoring for GLAP students majoring in the fields of Citizenship
3) Services associated in entrance examination period
4) Others specially requested by the GLAP Program Director
1) Ph.D or an equivalent
2) Degree (bachelor, master or doctorate) earned from a foreign university offering education in English
3) Teaching experience at university level
4) Highly knowledgeable about liberal arts education at the universities and willing to enthusiastically engage in all educational activities of GLAP
5) Ability to teach courses in English and perform daily duties in Japanese
6. Work location: Ikebukuro Campus, Rikkyo University, Tokyo
Conditions of employment are determined by the University's regulations.
Salary: 6,800,000 Yen (Annual amount before deductions)
Term of Employment: One-year contract (Renewable annually for up to five years)
8. Deadline for applications: October 31, 2022 (Monday) （JST）
9. Documents to be submitted:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae with Research achievement list. (In Japanese or English)
2) A copy of published paper for major research achievement in the field of Citizenship (In Japanese or English)
3) A draft Syllabus for “Political Sociology” (in English: 4 credits course. 28 classes
4) Name, affiliation, position, contact information (telephone, E-mail address, etc.) of a referee
5) Face photo data (jpeg format)
※Please download and use the Rikkyo University curriculum vitae form attached below for 1)
※Additional documents may be requested during the selection process. Submitted documents will not be returned. Personal information submitted will be used for screening, communication, and procedures for appointment, and will not be used for any other purpose.
The documents 1) to 4) should be consolidated into one PDF file, and submitted by email together with 5) Photo data.
※Send attachments with adequate security measures.
11. Selection method: Document review, followed by interviews for short-listed candidates
※ Short-listed candidates will be emailed to schedule a time for an interview on Friday, November 11. The interviews will be conducted around late November 2022.
12. Contact details: Office for the Global Liberal Arts Program [email@example.com]
Oct 03, 2022